Since, according to predictions, a very large number of people will be infected by swine flu (New Influenza Strain A (subtype H1N1 virus)) in the next few months, vetvrij.com has a few tips to prevent swine flu. To view information concerning swine flu. The symptoms of the swine flu seem very similar to those of ordinary flu: high fever, cough, sore throat, headache, chills, muscle aches and fatigue.
Precautionary measures against Swine flu
Swine flu is highly contagious. We therefore urge you to take note of the following precautionary measures:
– Wash your hands with soap and water regularly
– Use paper tissues when coughing or sneezing.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as much as you can.
– At your office: Make sure your office is tidy and your desk is clean.
– Avoid places where people come together.
– Be careful with infection via door handles, elevator buttons.
It is our collective responsibility to take these precautionary measures: to avoid catching the virus yourself as well as to avoid contaminating others.
Symptoms of Swine flu
Symptoms for swine flu are fever, shivering, headaches, stiff muscles, fatigue, dry coughing, pain while breathing and breathing difficulties, nausea and vomiting, and gastrointestinal tract complaints. You may have caught swine flu even if you have only some of these symptoms. Take care.
If you develop flu-like symptoms, go to see your doctor immediately. Stay at home until your symptoms have completely disappeared. In any case, stay at home for seven days, counting from the first day that you had a fever.